You can skim the full list of changes here. Download Plastic SCM in the downloads page to install or upgrade your Plastic SCM setup.
Please, suggest and vote new features on the User's Voice or the forum.
We've focused this time in bugfixing, specially in the TeamCity plugin, as requested by some customers:
BugsCheckout from the command line (requested by customer): There were some issues if you tried to checkout private files along with controlled items. This is now fixed, and the checkout command will only take into account controlled items, as expected.
Branch Explorer (requested by customer and the forum): The tooltip shown when hovering over a changeset was retrieving a null if the comments were empty under some special cirumstances. We were able to reproduce the issue in a merge-to scenario and when the backend used was MySQL (the problem was that this backend returned a null instead of an empty string, as other backends do, i.e.: SQLServer and SQLServer CE).
Web UI: After logging out and logging in again with a different user, credentials were not properly applied. This is now fixed.
TeamCity plugin (requested by customer): We have reviewed in depth how this plugin works in Linux, because some users have reported some issues regarding symbolic links and / or xlinks. So:
- We've fixed a couple of problems related to symbolic links whose targets don't exist in the disk or that are located outside the workspace. The problem happened during the build step, because the target of the symbolic link was resolved. This is now fixed: we don't check the target. We only care about controlled items in the workspace, so we check the symbolic link itself.
- Differences feature: This interesting feature provided by TeamCity was not working well under xlinks. The contents were just not shown. Now they are shown, as expected. In addition to that we tried to make this feature as similar as possible to the GUI / CLI behaviour when launching differences of a branch or a changeset. Thus, only file differences are shown (we even decided to hide differences in the xlink node, because this is not useful information, really; see the picture below). Finally, symbolic links differences were not properly handled as well: now when you edit a symbolic link (remove the symlink and add it again with the same name and different target) the differences shown correspond to the symbolic link itself and not the target. This is the same behaviour as the one observed in the GUI.
|Xlink differences, that are shown in the GUI, will not be shown in the TeamCity plugin, as they don't provide really useful information for the build|
Finally, I just wanted to remark that all the fixes and new features done in our 4.1 public release series are integrated in 4.2 Labs as well, so if you're using the Labs series you can take advantage of all this, too. Stay tunned for the next 4.2 release!