Plastic SCM 18.104.22.1685 is out!!!
A new release of the 4.1 version is out: Plastic SCM 22.214.171.1245!!!
The features of each Plastic SCM release, up to and including the latest version, can be found in the release notes page.
Besides the full release notes, this blogspost will highlght some of them. Just in case you haven't downloaded this version yet you can do that here.
Tree Mode in branches view
This is a fantastic new feature! Now you can choose how you want to see your branches.
Plastic SCM team has developed a mechanism to show branches as a tree. Child branches are now under the parent branches in a TreeView.
This new option is in Branches View
There are two options to show branches:
- As a list
- As a tree
Features that have been implemented:
- When a branch is shown as a tree, with the show plus/minus symbol, the double click does not execute the default action
- The filter is preserved when you change between the tree view and the list view
- The currently selected branch is preserved between the tree view and the list view
- The tree view has short names, and the list view has long names
- The preference (selected view) is stored
- When refreshing the branch list on tree mode, the expanded branches are remembered
- When creating a new branch, the recently created branch is focused
- When refreshing the branch list on both modes, the focused branch is remembered
- Changing between tree and list mode do not requires a view reload (the server is not queried).
Merge: Index out of range
The "Index out of range" error, that was happening while all merge was processed, has been fixed. This error occurred when all the modified on source files are locked by an external application.
The checking operation error: "The changed node (ItemId:) cannot be null" is fixed.
i.e.: This error could happen on a checkin operation when an Xlinked repository has only unnecessary changes (same data changes) and its parent repository has needed changes.
Xlinks and empty items
Under some special conditions, if the checkin operation fails but some of the repositories has already been committed, the committed files will not have their data. Fixed!