Who we are

We are the developers of Plastic SCM, a full version control stack (not a Git variant). We work on the strongest branching and merging you can find, and a core that doesn't cringe with huge binaries and repos. We also develop the GUIs, mergetools and everything needed to give you the full version control stack.

If you want to give it a try, download it from here.

We also code SemanticMerge, and the gmaster Git client.

Moved code detection

Wednesday, November 24, 2010 Pablo Santos 0 Comments

Since we launched the Community Edition we've seen a huge increase in the number of downloads and also the number of teams jumping to Plastic all around the globe.

While Plastic has always been free for education and open source, our main intention with CE is to reach small teams and help them in their transition to DVCS and parallel development. Most of the software companies out there have less than 15 users and they're exactly the ones we're targeting with CE.

That being said, I wonder if all the new people using Plastic is aware of some of the really cool features we've implemented in 3.0. Do you know Plastic can detect moved code both in the diff tool and the merge tool??

Check the following posts:

  • Moved (and modified) code detection on diff
  • Moved (and modified) code detection during merge

    And, you know... tell your colleagues!!! :P
    Pablo Santos
    I'm the CTO and Founder at Códice.
    I've been leading Plastic SCM since 2005. My passion is helping teams work better through version control.
    I had the opportunity to see teams from many different industries at work while I helped them improving their version control practices.
    I really enjoy teaching (I've been a University professor for 6+ years) and sharing my experience in talks and articles.
    And I love simple code. You can reach me at @psluaces.
  • 0 comentarios: