Who we are

We are the developers of Plastic SCM, a full version control stack (not a Git variant). We work on the strongest branching and merging you can find, and a core that doesn't cringe with huge binaries and repos. We also develop the GUIs, mergetools and everything needed to give you the full version control stack.

If you want to give it a try, download it from here.

We also code SemanticMerge, and the gmaster Git client.

Test before you run...

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 Pablo Santos 3 Comments

I'm posting to my blog at DDJ a couple of hopefully interesting articles about how we stress test Plastic SCM using NUnit (PNUnit to be exact, our humble contribution to the project) and about 100 machines (750K bogomips!!)



First article is here and the second one here.

Hope you like it.
Pablo Santos
I'm the CTO and Founder at Códice.
I've been leading Plastic SCM since 2005. My passion is helping teams work better through version control.
I had the opportunity to see teams from many different industries at work while I helped them improving their version control practices.
I really enjoy teaching (I've been a University professor for 6+ years) and sharing my experience in talks and articles.
And I love simple code. You can reach me at @psluaces.

3 comments:

  1. Is there any news on instructions to compile mono on Solaris? I know you guys mentioned that a few months ago. We'd sure love it if you had an update on that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Eric,

    Oops, sorry, I think you send a comment like a week or so asking this, and we forgot to answer.

    Ok, here's the current status:

    - I built 2.0.1 for x86 on Blastwave. The package is available there. It's built on Solaris 8 and it works on 10 and OpenSolaris (I've tested it)

    - In order to build in my box here, I just follow the instructions at the Mono website, plus one important tweak (I wish I knew one year ago!!!!) which is

    ulimit -Hs 10240


    Hope it helps.

    Are you currently having problems?

    If so, send us an email to support@codicesoftware.com and I'll answer you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pablo,

    I think I'm fine. I didn't realize 2.0.1 was on Blastwave. Just curious, what does "ulimit -Hs 10240" do?

    Eric

    ReplyDelete