Who we are

We are the developers of Plastic SCM, a full version control stack (not a Git variant). We work on the strongest branching and merging you can find, and a core that doesn't cringe with huge binaries and repos. We also develop the GUIs, mergetools and everything needed to give you the full version control stack.

If you want to give it a try, download it from here.

We also code SemanticMerge, and the gmaster Git client.

White testing Plastic

Saturday, December 06, 2008 Pablo Santos , 2 Comments

Ever heard of White? You should.

White is a promising testing framework based on the UI Automation APIs which enables you to write tests in C# (or your favorite .NET language).

Why is it interesting? I think there're several reasons but, for me, the main ones are:

  • Developers can write GUI tests as they'd write unit tests: from their own development environment, in their language of choice. It makes a huge difference.
  • Tests can be integrated with NUnit, or, in our case, with PNUnit, the distributed extension to NUnit which has been integrated in NUnit 2.5 (we run our test suites on several variations of Linux, Windows and MacOS (including x86 and PPC)).

Want to see it in action? Watch the following video of White testing Plastic:

Pablo Santos
I'm the CTO and Founder at Códice.
I've been leading Plastic SCM since 2005. My passion is helping teams work better through version control.
I had the opportunity to see teams from many different industries at work while I helped them improving their version control practices.
I really enjoy teaching (I've been a University professor for 6+ years) and sharing my experience in talks and articles.
And I love simple code. You can reach me at @psluaces.

2 comments: