Who we are

We are the developers of Plastic SCM, a full version control stack (not a Git variant). We work on the strongest branching and merging you can find, and a core that doesn't cringe with huge binaries and repos. We also develop the GUIs, mergetools and everything needed to give you the full version control stack.

If you want to give it a try, download it from here.

We also code SemanticMerge, and the gmaster Git client.

Plastic running on Solaris 10 SPARC

Thursday, March 08, 2007 Pablo Santos 1 Comments

We are about to introduce Solaris 10 SPARC as a supported platform, so today I was making some tests and taking screenshots of Plastic running on a Sun Blade 1000 box.

We have published screenshots of Plastic running on Solaris months ago. The Mono platform provides a very efficient way to run Plastic on both the x86 and SPARC Solaris OS.
So far we have just supported Linux and Windows (and in fact Linux is not yet officially released due to some minor problems with the GUI tool, despite of the fact that we heavily test Plastic running on Linux week after week), but we are considering running our weekly tests on the following platforms too:
  • MacOS X
  • Solaris 10 SPARC and X86
  • Nexenta
Pablo Santos
I'm the CTO and Founder at Códice.
I've been leading Plastic SCM since 2005. My passion is helping teams work better through version control.
I had the opportunity to see teams from many different industries at work while I helped them improving their version control practices.
I really enjoy teaching (I've been a University professor for 6+ years) and sharing my experience in talks and articles.
And I love simple code. You can reach me at @psluaces.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome!

    You will support Solaris on i86pc eventually, right?

    After all, Solaris is 95% identical on sparc and i86pc, and now with GRUB coming to sparc, it will be 98-99% identical...

    ReplyDelete